Providing the highest quality language translation services to all
government, commercial and private entities
Desktop Publishing (DTP)
We can help you maintain the consistency of your document’s layout across multiple languages, no matter if it’s a manual, book, presentation, or any text that will be marketed or distributed.
TLD’s professional desktop publishing services which adapt your content and images to a set document-standard, preserving your message across all markets can help. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of our translation DTP services today.
When does a translation project require DTP?
If you need to translate any type of document with a set layout, then you will need to use DTP services. In many cases, when you deliver a document that has a formatted layout to a linguist to have translated, the layout of the translation you receive is incorrect or nonexistent. This is simply because different languages use varying amounts of text or characters to express the same thing, which means that depending on the language pair, the amount of content could shrink or expand by as much as 30%. To preserve your document’s original layout and formatting, DTP work is required to correctly place the translation back into your document, adjusting or recreating the layout as necessary.
TLD will put its experience to good use on your project. Our staff is comprised of highly qualified and skilled DTP specialists and graphic designers who work with the latest software and applications available to complete any project, of any size, in any language needed, and in the format or platform desired within the allotted time. Our specialists have years of experience in a variety of different publishing programs. They can undertake the visual/graphic sections of any project; they carefully manage such processes as, formatting, graphics localization, screen capture creation and the conversion of printed documentation to an online format.
DTP Services includes:
- Working with markup languages such as HTML, SGML, XML as well as online documentation formats such as Acrobat PDF and many others
- Working in client-specific programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and many more
- Smart Building Software, E–learning Software, Online Help Files and much more
- Font management applications
- Knowledge of various printer drivers and professional PostScript printers
- Formatting and page layout
- Creating and editing graphics and screenshots (generic graphics, screen captures, illustrations and diagrams)
- Converting/generating output of translated material in multiple formats (creating PostScript files and PDF files)
- Multimedia Flash
Our designated reviewers perform a final review of the document and graphic files before they go to print or are published to ensure that the content was not altered or distorted in any way during the DTP process. They also check to see that the final version closely resembles the source material.
Here at TLD we strive to exceed your expectations. If you have any layout and format questions, please contact us with the details and we will gladly provide you with an answer or a complimentary quote.